Cookies op Mijnhuis en ik

Fijn dat je verder wil lezen. We hebben onze voorwaarden verfijnd naar aanleiding van de nieuwe Europese privacywetgeving. Dat betekent: klare taal en meer controle over je gegevens. We gebruiken cookies om content en nieuw huizenaanbod te personaliseren, om functies voor social media te bieden en om ons website te analyseren. Je gaat akkoord met onze cookies als je onze website blijft gebruiken. Op onze website kun je ook onze Privacy policy vinden.

Veelgestelde vragen

The power is out, what should I do?

Check whether a fuse has failed and/or whether all residual-current circuit breakers are up. Also check whether the main fuse and/or residual-current circuit breakers has been switched on. If the main residual-current circuit breaker has failed, it will help to first switch everything off, then first raise the main switch and then raise the switches one by one (if one blows out immediately, you know that there is a short circuit somewhere).

Then you can find out which electronic device is causing the short circuit. This is done by switching off all devices. Think of kettles, washing machines, etc. Then turn them on again one by one. When the switch pops out you know that this is the device that causes the short circuit.

What to do when the doorbell does not work?

First of all, check for batteries and replace them; these costs are for the tenant. Also check whether the electricity is switched on in the fusebox.

Rental payments, when do I have to pay?

The rent payment must be credited to our account no later than the 28th of the month preceding the new month.

Cancel my rent, how do I do that?

You can send an e-mail to with your name, address of the cancellation and per when you wish to cancel. You can find the notice period in your rental agreement, but it is usually two (2) payment period(s).

What costs are for the tenant’s account?

You can download the small repairs via the frequently asked questions. For business premises we refer to the rental agreement and the general terms and conditions of the rental agreement.

What to do in case of a leakage?

In the event of serious leakage, always close the main water valve (this is often located in the meter cupboard/fusebox and/or basement).

Before you submit a request for repair, we advise you to check and or investigate where the leak comes from. Enquire with neighbours if applicable. Check kit seams and joints.

Can I request a nameplate?

By means of a repair request, you can submit the request to us with the name(s) that should be on it. The costs involved will be for the account of the hirer.

Is subletting permitted?

By law and also in article 12.1 of your tenancy agreement you can read that subletting is never permitted without the permission of the landlord or manager of the accommodation.

What to do in case of any types of pest infestation/vermin?

As a tenant, you are personally responsible for preventing and remedying vermin. This means, among other things, not leaving food in open containers. In winter mice in particular like to seek out the heat and go in buildings. If necessary, call in an extermination company. We have good experiences with the company Olischlagers, telephone 0031 (0)43 3510838 or via mail for all pest control.

Nuisance from my neighbours, what should I do?

Firstly, you should at all times first make contact with your neighbours and discuss this with them. In the event of serious nuisance, you should immediately call in the police.

How to submit a repair request?

The easiest way to do this is via the h form under 'Service & Maintenance'. First read at the small repairs for the landlord if it is not for your own account.

What to do in case of a broken window/broken glass?

Broken or cracked windows are at the tenant's expense. For flats it is in some cases insured through the Owners' Association. If you think this is the case, you can submit a repair request via the website. It may then be that an excess will be charged to your account.

Can I get an extra Key (standard) made?

Non-certified keys can be made by a locksmith. In the event of loss or theft of the keys to your own entrance door, you must have the cylinder replaced yourself at your own expense. One copy should be handed over to 'Mijn Huis en Ik’.

Can I get an extra Key (certified) made?

To do this, you need to submit a repair request and state which key it concerns, code, type and the brand on the key. The costs vary from approx. 30 to 60 euros. These costs are for your own account and must be paid before handing over the key.

There is a blockage in the house

Before you contact 'MIjn Huis en Ik' you should first try to solve the blockage yourself. This can be done by means of a spring or a plunger. These are available at any hardware store. If you think that the repair does not fall under the tenant's obligation, you can submit a repair request via the website.

The roof gutter is clogging

Roof gutters that are easily accessible by means of stairs must be cleaned by the tenant himself. The cleaning of gutters that are difficult to reach and the repair of those that started to leak are at the expense of the owner.

The heating does not work (collective installation apartment building)

For this you need to submit a repair request. We depend on the Owners' Association to see how quickly this can be dealt with.

Heating does not work (individual boiler)

The following points need to be checked first:

  • Press the reset button and/or unplug the power cord for 1 minute.
  • Check the fuse box/meter cupboard if there is no problem with the electricity or if a residual-current circuit breaker or a fuse has fallen out.
  • Plug the boiler into the wall socket.
  • See that there is sufficient water in the boiler and the pressure is at least 1.5 bar. If there is not enough water in the installation, you will need to fill it up. See the filling instruction or watch an instruction video.
  • See that the gas tap is not turned off.
  • If you hear bubbling noises in the radiator, you must first vent the radiators. See the venting instructions.
  • Check that the thermostat is set high enough.
  • Make sure that no hot water tap is dripping on combination appliances.
  • Check that there are enough radiator valves open for a good flow through (at least one radiator must always be fully open).

If there is a sticker on the heating appliances of the company Volta and/or Hesi you can contact them directly. If this is not the case, please fill in a repair request on our website.


Insurances for the tenant

Every tenant in the Netherlands is obliged to take out third-party insurance. We also advise you to insure your own personal belongings against damage or theft, but this is not compulsory.

The washing machine or tumble dryer no longer works, what should I do

First of all, check the fuses in the meter cupboard. Check whether the main water tap is open. Open all flaps and make sure that filters and grids are clean and dust-free. If the equipment belongs to the home, you can submit a repair request via the website.

What is my home worth?

Calculate the estimated value immediately.

Calculate immediately